Updated for you on
Lime and Coconut Sugar Scrub Bar
Lime and coconut are a deliciously scented combination to wake up your senses. The combination of moisturizing oil, cleansing soap, and exfoliating sugar leave your skin soft, lightly scented, and glowing! They make an amazing gift for friends or family. Tuck them in baskets or fill a jar with them and add a handmade tag identifying the scent.
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 8-1” cubes glycerin soap base
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 drops lime essential oil
- 10 drops coconut essential oil
- Alternatively, you can use lime and coconut extract from your pantry to scent your cubes.
- Cut soap block into roughly 1”x1” cubes.
- Place cubes in a small pot and melt over medium low heat.
- Mix in your coconut oil and stir until melted completely.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add essential oils or extracts.
- Stir in sugar- be sure to let it cool down before adding sugar or it will dissolve it immediately. But don’t cool enough to where it begins to set up.
- Pour into ice cube trays and allow to cool until hardened solid. Usually within a couple hours, it is ready to pop out of mold.
Keep in a small jar in a cool place when not in use, and keep it out of direct spray in bath or shower to keep it from dissolving too quickly.