Avocado and Yogurt Face Mask
Whip up some good natural ingredients from your fridge and pantry to create a delicious Avocado and Yogurt Face Mask and give yourself an indulgent mini spa treatment at home. Some of the best salons in the world use these natural ingredients to concoct their treatments. While this is amazing for any skin type I think it would benefit dry skin the most due to all of its moisturizing ingredients. Four simple and safe ingredients. Each chosen for special properties they have make up this pampering face mask.
- 2 tsp. honey – natural humectant, moisturizes,antimicrobial
- ½ avocado-contains vitamins A,E, and C, moisturizing
- 2 tsp. lemon juice- skin brightening, reduces dark spots
- 3 tsp. plain yogurt-hydrating, shrinks pores, contains free radicals
- Scoop out and mash up avocado well
- Add in all other ingredients stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
This mixture makes enough for 2-3 face masks. Store the leftovers in a small mason jar in the fridge for use the same week. I wouldn’t keep longer than that.
Cover your chest and shoulders with a towel to protect your clothes against drips.
Apply a generous amount of the mixture to your face, and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. You can read a magazine or a couple chapters of a book to relax while you wait. No paying bills or anything stressful while in spa mode!
Rinse, and pat your face dry.
Follow up with a good moisturizer to lock in the benefits.